IF YOU LIKE...
Motown, 60s Psychedelic Rock, Spy Music, Chicago Blues, you will LOVE the Gand Band!
If Ray Charles jammed with Cream, it might almost come close….
What people are saying about the Gand Band:
• "The Gand Band is one of Coachella Valley’s premier cover bands. The members’ musical expertise and extensive repertoire allows the group to play varied genres, at any event, and their jams can go all night long. Independent readers recently voted for the Gand Band as the Best Local Band for the second year in a row." - CV Independent
- "The Gand Band is a Rock 'n' Soul jukebox that will have you Dancin in the Streets!"
- Palm Springs Pride Fest
- "Comfort Food for your ears...one of our best parties ever" - Smoke Tree Ranch
- "The Gand Band's nightly music deftly bridges the gap between then and now"
-Mike Mettler, Palm Springs Life
- "The Gand Band brings great music from Chicago to Palm Springs" - Desert Sun News
- "The Gand Band brings us back to the 1960s with some jazz, rock and rebellion"
- Trip Advisor
The Gand Band is: Gary Gand, guitar Joan Gand, keyboards/bass
Drummers: Larry Mitchell/Will Wiegler
Coachella Valley's best vocalists are featured on a rotating basis.
Vocalists include: Dion Khan, Jeanie Cunningham, Kellee McGuinn, Tod Macofsky, Patrice Morris, Short Stack Steve, and Francesca Amari
This dynamic husband and wife team bring their Chicago sound to the desert. Veteran bluesman Gary Gand handles the six strings, driving the band, channeling a bit of Eric Clapton, Freddie King and Jeff Beck rolled into one. Keyboardist Joan Gand, grooves on classic Hammond B-3 style organ and bluesy piano with inspiration from Booker T. Jones, Jimmy Smith, and Ramsey Lewis, all while her left hand is laying down the bass.
The Gand Band is known for their philanthropy and fund-raising efforts with their "concerts for a cause." They have worked with Desert Cancer Foundation, AIDS Assistance Program, Palm Springs Animal Shelter, Well in the Desert, FIND Food Bank, Palm Springs High School Arts Institute, and many other organizations to plan successful fundraisers.
Throughout the season, special guests will join the Gand Band - watch for special shows as they are announced. Theme shows include Woodstock, British Invasion, Motown, Spy Music, Tiki Chic, Bossa Nova, Mambo Italiano and more – you’ll never see the same show twice with the Gand Band!
The Gand Band appears in the new film, "My Name is Lopez" - a documentary about 60s celebrity vocalist/actor Trini Lopez. Trini was a frequent guest performer until his death in 2020.